SnapKnot Relaunched With New Style
Mike Rheaume and Reid Warner, two friends and founders of SnapKnot.com contacted us in November, 2011 to takeover the development activities of their website and materialize some of their innovative ideas. Recently SnapKnot has undergone a major update to make sure the brides have the very best image of their big day to look back in which is developed by Nascenia.
SnapKnot was built on Ruby on Rails 2.3 and MySQL. It used Sphinx for complex searching. It was integrated with different third party services like smugmug.com. It helps user to find perfect wedding photographer. Wedding photographers can get listed here. People can search through a list of photographers based on individual need. Also, people can evaluate wedding photographers by comparing photography based on one’s area, budget etc.
Reid and Mike hired us basically to solve some critical problems and continue the development of the site by implementing more innovative features.
Some of the issues that was needed to address:
- Tok make autocomplete using sphinx faster
- Remove duplicate city in search dropdown which was causing trouble to the users
- Add more innovative features
Some of the key features we implemented:
- Ability to add videos to vimeo
- Implement elegant photo viewers
- Prepare API for iPhone application
- Integrate design with SnapKnot from PSD
- Maintain the server which was hosted in Linode.com
- Users are welcomed with a Pinterest style layout
- Brides can narrow down photographer selection and photographers have more exposure and marketing
- Integrated with Facebook to connect with members of the bridal party for diversified and interactive decision making
- Wedding guests and family members check out photos of the events uploaded by photographer if invited by the bride
This is all about the journey of Nascenia with SnapKnot in the development of SnapKnot.com till now. After the initial works by Nascenia, popularity of SnapKnot has increased dramatically. The client is so happy that they give us the responsibility of regular maintenance and development of the website. We are now implementing features, fixing bugs and providing supports to SnapKnot.
Major redecoration of SnapKnot with exciting features developed by Nascenia was featured in TechCrunch, a leading web publication that offers technology news and analysis.