Bangladesh has become one of the most lucrative software outsourcing destinations in the world of software development. Being the eighth-most populous country in the world and the seventh fastest-growing economy in the first quarter of 2019(Source: Wikipedia), she can offer you a deadly combo of both quality and cost-efficiency. According to the Oxford Internet Institute (OII) of Oxford University in the UK, Bangladesh now contributes 16.8% of all outsourced online workers in the world, a rate which is second only to India on 24.6% (Source: Dhaka Tribune). This resource will shed light on why Bangladesh is a good software outsourcing destination and also get you introduced with the top 5 software development company in Bangladesh.
Below are the key factors behind the success of Bangladesh in recent time:
- Education: Bangladesh has been making noticeable progress in engineering and technical education. It has 148 universities in total (46 public, 97 private, 2 international and 3 special universities) to the bulk of higher studies(Source:Wikipedia). Each year, 546,00,000 graduates enter the job market(Source:Daily Star). Of the Bangladeshi outsourcing workers, 22% work in software development and technology, representing 3.7% of all online freelancers in the world(Source: Dhaka Tribune).
- Communication in English: At all levels of schooling, students learn English from grade
At the undergraduate level, all the subjects are taught in English. Hence, every graduate in the country can communicate well in English.
- Infrastructure: The Internet has reached even in the rural areas of Bangladesh. Although facing many constraints in expanding Internet access and use, the development of the Internet and Information Technology are high government priorities. In April 2019, Internet users in Bangladesh increased to 93.702 million. On 19 February 2018, Bangladesh started the 4G network service and soon will enter the 5G along with the developing countries in 2021. The energy sector of Bangladesh is booming. 95% of the population has access to electricity(2018). Besides these, Bangladesh is experiencing rapid progress in terms of building infrastructure. So power and the internet are not a problem right now in Bangladesh which was an issue 10 years back.
- Availability of resources: The young population across the globe has reached a remarkable 1.8 billion out of 7.3 billion. Around 47.6 million of the 1.8 billion youth are from Bangladesh. 30 percent of the total 158.5 million people in Bangladesh are young (10-24 years) and the literacy rate now stands at 73.9%(Source: BBS).
They are energetic and eager to learn. With the aid of the internet and educational system, they are well equipped with cutting edge technologies.
- Cost: Hiring remote employees in Bangladesh is quite affordable as compared to a full-time employee and you can save up to 50% in business costs by hiring from Bangladesh. A.T. Kearney, a leading management consultancy firm with offices in more than 40 countries, has for the first time included Bangladesh in its Top 50 Global Services Location Index.
It’s a glory for Bangladeshi software companies to compete with the best companies from different countries and stand out from the crowd. In this flooded talent market, it is highly difficult to find the right software development partner.
These are the Top 5 Software Development Company in Bangladesh according to their achievements within 2019.
Nascenia, a trustworthy name in the software industry since 2010. They have got the largest RoR team in Bangladesh. Their core expertise is Ruby on Rails but they also work on other languages (PHP, Objective C) and frameworks(.Net) including android and iOS.
They have served different industries with custom solutions adapting to different technologies. Despite being a mid-size company, Nascenia has footprints in 21 countries and interested to work with a lot more too! Nascenia loves diversity. Instead of being biased at working with specific countries, Nascenia loves to work with different businesses from different countries and witness diversity of culture or interest and enjoy the mindful experience.
It has an outstanding reputation in building world-class software solutions including web and mobile apps. They have experience working with multinational companies, individuals, entrepreneurs or even with startups with tight budgets too. They also work as a remote team collaboratively with other teams.
As recognition of their good work, this outsourcing company has achieved multiple national and international awards and accolades. Nascenia won BASIS Outsourcing Award twice consecutively in 2014 and 2015.
They have worked with clients like UNDP, PwC, Telenor, Robi Axiata, Khan Academy, Ritani, etc. Most of their clients are from North America and European countries.
Brain Station is an elegant name in the Bangladesh software industry that develops enterprise applications and provides services for big data & cloud technologies.
This bespoke software development company started its journey in 2006 and since then serving clients all over the world. Their clients are mainly from Fintech industries like local banks, eCommerce site, and payment processing systems. They’ve also worked on some government projects. Moto of Brainstation is “Develop smarter solutions, Build better Softwares.”
They are focused on building a long-term strategic partnership with Global IT firms and MNCs whether it’s a large corporation like British Telecom, Paypal, etc.
Datasoft is one of the first Bangladeshi software development companies catering mostly for the local market.
Since 1998, Datasoft has been serving clients with a vision to deliver quality solutions to build The Digital Delta powered by innovation and guided by integrity. They deliver innovative and cost-effective technical services to customers in both Corporate and public sectors undertakings.
Some of their clients are British American Tobacco, Citi Bank, DHL, Chevron, Eastern Bank, bKash. They have expertise in the financial ecosystem, ERP, Port & logistics, however, they are currently trying to get involved in the IoT (Internet of Things) business.
In 2012, DataSoft was awarded Superbrands Bangladesh status.
Kaz, founded in 2004 and has been serving as a custom software development company for the last 15 years. It has a talented team of engineers and designers who help them develop great software.
Till now they have developed 120+ software and served 100+ companies from different parts of the world. This software company is still a start-up but they deserve to be in this list considering their quality of work.
Swiss Contact, QFC, Regulatory Analytics, Thomson Reuters, tap mafia are some of their referable clients.
TigerIT is another Bangladesh based software solution provider with 18 years of experience in biometric research and large scale data sets. They have a proven ability to carry national projects worldwide and has experience working with government projects in Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan, India, and Canada.
TigerIT is working as a leader in transforming the power of large scale biometrics identity management solutions where it’s needed. Its Automated Fingerprint Identification System ‘TigerAFIS’, certified by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in the USA and it ranked among the top in the world.
If you pick any company from this list and read their portfolio, you will realize that they have played a key role in the success of many well-known brands.
Where are you outsourcing your work currently?
Are you going to consider Bangladesh as your next outsourcing destination?